We base our Safer Tourism Seal (STS) on our independent investigation or your previous certifications.
The Safer Tourism Seal will build travelers’ confidence and is becoming a recognizable symbol throughout the world.
In other words, safer implies that one can travel with confidence. We welcome your effort to obtain the Safer Tourism Seal.
- APPLY: The easy one-page application is on the bottom of this page.
We may also add your listing based on information from other sources.
- SHARE YOUR POLICIES: We look at your policies already in place including your approval in initiatives like the one you announced.
- EVALUATION: We may schedule a short interview with a Safer Tourism expert. Safer Tourism will provide a short summary of findings and its recommendation.
- ENDORSEMENT can never be guaranteed. We may endorse destinations or stakeholders based on independent research and evaluation. Applying for an evaluation report may not always have an influence on an endorsement.
- IMPLEMENTATION: You can show your Safer Tourism Seal proudly, and we will help to let the world know through our visibility channels, podcasts, and destination events.
- FOLLOW UP: We will periodically follow up with you.
- ADJUSTMENTS could be made anytime based on updated information and situations.
- Your listing will be included on the resilience.travel website based on the approved category.
- Once listed on resilience.travel, you may add a paid listing also to the reopeningtourism.com directory.
- Add the safer tourism seal to your website and promotional material.
- Link to your listing on resilience.travel
- Circulate on your social media – we will do the same.
- Provide a quote for a press release to be circulated on our global partner media wire.
Self-assessment may be cross-checked with the best available practices before the safer tourism seal is issued. The listing will include a disclosure: “based on self-assessment.”
a) We may add to the “self-assessment” category based on press-releases, feedback, and information received from other sources.
b) Apply to be added to the “self-assessment” list in providing the necessary information on the form below. There is no charge. (Listing may not be searchable and visible on the front page)
c) Priority feature listing: Searchable and visible. A $250.00 administrative fee for a destination or $50.00 for stakeholders apply.
Safer Tourism experts will provide a multi-point set of questions to be used for evaluation. Once approved, the listing will include a disclosure: “self-assessment evaluated”
There is a cost of $1,000.00 for a destination or $250.00 for a stakeholder.
The fee is for administrative costs and will not guarantee a specific evaluation.
Depending on your “evaluation”, we may endorse your destination or entity.
There is no additional charge or guarantee to receive an endorsement.
Press release, a feature story, podcast or zoom/YouTube interview will be offered for all endorsements
CONSULTING & VISIBILITY OPTIONS?
- Meet or consult with our experts to make your destination/entity a leader in safer tourism.
- Safer Tourism can assist with global visibility and crisis communication.